The ASEAN-Vietnam ICT Scholarship (AVIS) is the initiative of the Ministry of Information and Communications of Vietnam (MIC Vietnam) to enhance the human resource development of ASEAN nations in the field of ICT. The scholarship program is delivered by the Posts and Telecommunications Institute of Technology (PTIT) with the financial sponsorship of outstanding Vietnam enterprises including
Vietnam Posts and Telecommunications Group (VNPT), Viettel Group, VinGroup, CMC Corporation, FPT Corporation and MISA JSC, starting in academic year 2019-2020.
Training mode and duration:
- Training mode: full-time
- Training duration: 4 years
Posts and Telecommunications Institute of Technology (PTIT) – Hadong Campus
Km10 Nguyen Trai Rd, Hadong Dist, Hanoi, Vietnam
Tel: +84. 24 3352 5741
PTIT’s Undergraduate Program in Information Technology taught in English is a high quality proram offered to ASEAN students. The program is designed to equip students with natural science, fundamental and professional knowledge in the field of ICT, serving for R&D, application of software system, data mining. Students also have opportunities to do internship in ICT enterprises, develop their English language proficiency and critical thinking to quickly adapt to a more demanding labour market and fast-changing technology advancements, helping them to meet the requirements of digital economy and Industrial 4.0.
The program has 02 sub-majors: Software Engineering and Artificial Intelligence.
The program includes 130 credits, 08 semesters (2 semesters/academic year) in which 7 semesters at university and 01 semester for internship in ICT enterprises.
The objectives of the Information Technology program at PTIT are to prepare students for future work and careers in computing with proficiency and integrity. Graduates of the program can:
– Work professionally in one or more of the following areas: software design, developing, and testing; data science, machine learning engineering; computer science research.
– Work effectively in a variety of contexts, both as individuals and in team environments.
– Engage in lifelong learning to remain effective professionals in a constantly changing world of technology.
– Be aware of professional and societal responsibilities, and committed to ethical actions.
- General engineering outcomes
Graduates of the program are expected to be able to:
1. Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
2. Design and conduct experiments, as well to analyze and interpret data.
3. Design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
4. Function on multidisciplinary teams.
5. Identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
6. Understand professional and ethical responsibility.
7. Communicate effectively.
8. Understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
9. Demonstrate a working knowledge of contemporary issues.
10. Apply the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
11. Transition from engineering concepts and theory to real engineering applications.
- Specialization skills
There are two specializations in the program: 1) Software Engineering and 2) Artificial Intelligence. Graduates of each specialization are expected to have respective additional learning outcomes.
- Software Engineering
The graduates of Software Engineering specialization will be able to:
- Capture and analyze in detail user requirements.
- Design and develop a software system that meets the real requirements.
- Estimate and plan a software project.
- Build a test plan, run a test plan and assure the quality as well as manage the documents of a software project.
- Creatively apply the learned knowledge to resolve the main issues in the software development domain.
- Artificial Intelligence
The graduates of Artificial Intelligence specialization will be able to:
- Enhance data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building intelligent systems
- Conduct data preprocessing, data cleaning, and data visualization
- Select features, build, and optimize data analysis models using machine learning techniques
- Select suitable data mining/machine learning algorithms to build intelligent systems
- Apply the learned knowledge to develop and resolve the main issues in artificial intelligence projects
|2||Professional In which:||69|
|3||On the job training and Thesis||20 (12 and 8)|
Language of instruction: English
The details of the program can be seen here.
The guidelines of the program can be downloaded at.http://cie.ptit.edu.vn/eng/?p=144